Will you return to this blog?

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kingdom of Heaven Matthew 13:10-17

The Gospel of St. Matthew speaks to me in this way.  When my heart is open to the Holy Spirit's voice speaking and teaching me through the word I can hear the Lord and what he wants to teach me.  In my openness I gain knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven and how I must live my life to prepare for my next life with God for all eternity.  For me it's simple, I believe without seeing, I trust without reserve.  Do I understand what God's plan is for me, to a very small degree, but, I trust him and for me that's all I need in this life to get through it.  Do I always have my eyes and heart fixed on Jesus?  No, that is the humanity in me that is imperfect.  It is when I take my eyes off him that I lose my focus on what is most important in this life and for me there is only one purpose and that is to love God above all things and to love my neighbor as myself.  It is in those times when I lose sight of God that I am just like the ones in the Parable who can't see or understand the mysteries of the Kingdom of God, so it is my passion and desire to keep on persevering even in those times I am blind.  This is how this scripture passage speaks to me, so if you care to share, how does it speak to you for your life?

Mt 13:10-17  Gospel reading for July 21, 2011
The disciples approached Jesus and said,
“Why do you speak to the crowd in parables?”
He said to them in reply,
“Because knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven
has been granted to you, but to them it has not been granted.
To anyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich;
from anyone who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
This is why I speak to them in parables, because
they look but do not see and hear but do not listen or understand.
Isaiah’s prophecy is fulfilled in them, which says:
You shall indeed hear but not understand,
you shall indeed look but never see.
Gross is the heart of this people,
they will hardly hear with their ears,
they have closed their eyes,
lest they see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
and understand with their hearts and be converted
and I heal them.
“But blessed are your eyes, because they see,
and your ears, because they hear.
Amen, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people
longed to see what you see but did not see it,
and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment