Today is the 5th Sunday of lent and as I prepared for the third Scrutiny with the scriptures of Ezekiel 37:12-14, Romans 8:8-11 and John 11:1-45 my meditation and time spent with Jesus was a sweet embrace of love and a promise that He will be coming back for us of believe and follow Him.
It is comforting assurance of God's love for me and all of us who believe in Jesus. Knowing that he has promised us that he will raise us from our graves and breath His spirit in us in order that we may live with Him eternally brings me solace and hope in this life.
Lord I desire with all of my soul to embrace your redeeming Cross for I am becoming surer each day that the suffering in my life if only I embrace it is your love for me. It is because of your Cross that I have been saved from eternal death. The Cross you bared for me unites the Crosses I bear in suffering with the redemption of this world as I know it.
Lord if only they knew, if only they trusted you, if only they believed your promise of eternal life there would be only love, joy and peace in this world we live in today. And Lord I am included in the "they", because each time I fail, I too lose sight and am dead because of the sin I commit when I am unloving, unkind, impatient and lack the understanding and empathy for myself and others.
Lord, I pray for your help each day to embrace your Cross, so that in communion with you I may in my suffering know your love and look forward to the day when you will call me home and say "I know you". Living with you for all eternity is my greatest desire. Unite my suffering with yours Lord that the world may be redeemed and know that you are God, a loving and merciful God. May I always put you first in my life above all else and may they know me as one of your disciples because of you who lives in me. In Jesus most holy name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment