Will you return to this blog?

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Peace in Times of Tribulation

"I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
"John 16:33)

The scripture passage above, it truly was what I needed to hear after learning that "The Senate today voted against the Blunt Amendment that would have protected the rights of religious employers from having to pay for birth control and drugs that may cause
abortions." (http://www.lifenews.com/2012/03/01/thirteen-catholic-senators-vote-against-religious-liberty/).  Thirteen of them voted against the amendment with Mary Landrieu, our democratic Senator from the state of Louisiana being one of them.  “By consenting to the disastrous HHS mandate, the U.S. Senate has taken the unprecedented step to deny our religious liberties instead of defending the Constitution,” said Matt Smith, president of Catholic Advocate. “It is disappointing to witness a group of senators misled on this issue at the expense of one of our key founding principles.”" (http://www.lifenews.com/2012/03/01/thirteen-catholic-senators-vote-against-religious-liberty/)

I am so disappointed in the Senator Mary Landrieu, but, the Lord in his consoling words found in John 16:33 reminds me that the victory has already been won for he has overcome the world.  This consoles my mind and my spirit for I know that no matter what, immorality will not prevail over the gates of HeavenI will persevere in the fight to protect the innocent lives and our religious, moral and civil liberties and I hope and pray that you will too.  With that said, it is our duty as laity to hold those accountable who do not support our values.  I am consoled by the vote of Nay by Senator David Vitter, because he took a Pro-Life stance for this amendment to be approved so that we would have the freedom to say no I will not provide services that go against my moral conscience.  Hence, today, I took the stand and wrote Senator Mary Landrieu to express my deep disappointment in her vote of Yea to table or kill the Blunt Amendment,which would have protected our rights.  I hope and pray that you exercise your duty and let her know how you feel about her unjust vote against the citizens of this state and hope that each of you will vote your conscience on election day. 

I would like to share my letter sent to Mary Landrieu and hope it inspires you to take a stand for Social Justice. 

"Senator Landrieu you voted today against an "amendment to restore the religious liberty protections for employers who don’t want to be forced to pay for birth control or drugs that may cause abortions in their employee health plans."

A Yea vote to kill the amendment is pro-choice.  I wonder Mary do you really know what you are doing?  At the end of your life when you have to meet Jesus, your Judge, how will you justify your Pro-Choice stance?  What choice, one to decide who lives, who dies and who does not have a moral choice to not choose to kill life? Your yea vote is a disgrace to your own mother, who by her choice chose to give you life.  Mary, you do not honor the name you were given by your parents!  The name of the Woman whose fiat gave us the Savior of the world!  Our Heavenly, Mother Mary's yes, restored our life, the life we cherish and I give God thanks and praise for giving us His only Son to save us from our sin and open the gates of Heaven for us to live in all eternity with Him.  Life is a gift from God, do you get this?  It saddens me deeply that you represent our wonderful state of Louisiana!  I am not and have I ever been one of your supporters and would never vote for you, because you are a disgrace to this state.  We are God fearing, loving and forgiving people and it is my hope and prayer that you will search your conscience and hear the voice of Jesus, saying..."Mary why are you persecuting me?"  And like Paul I hope you are struck down off your Pro-Choice horse and have a conversion of heart and repent and believe in the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ! With that said it is because of the love of God that I forgive you, love you and pray for you.  Be not mistaken in no way do I condone or approve of your vote or Pro-Choice stance.  I can love the sinner and hate the sin, yet I do not have to support the wrongful choices you insist on imposing on the people of this state.    
When you go back to vote to table or kill the amendment I pray you reflect and seek the counsel of Almighty God for guidance.  

Our health care plans should not be forced down our throats dictating us "to provide controversial preventive health services, including birth control, drugs that may cause abortions and emergency contraception. The Blunt Amendment would prevent health care providers and insurers from being forced to violate their principles to offer services they are morally opposed to, and it guarantees that all Americans are not penalized or discriminated against for exercising their rights of conscience."
"The text of the Blunt Amendment consists of the language taken from the Respect for Rights of Conscience Act (S. 1467, H.R. 1179).    Respect our Choice, Mary!  It can be assimilated to that of a rapist and rape victim.  Obama insist on forcing his mandate upon our religious rights and we are being raped, without a choice to decide not to provide these immoral "healthcare" services that you define as healthcare.  How ironic is it that you call this healthcare, this is far from caring for the health of human beings life!   

"Hatch said that “…our Constitution demands that those individuals and institutions that object to providing these services on religious and moral grounds be protected.” Hatch added that “under this administration, our Bill of Rights has been subordinated to President Obama’s desire to micromanage the nation’s health care system.” I agree with Hatch it is our constitutional right to be protected against being forced to provide services that go against our religious and moral choices and I expect you, Mary, who represent me as a citizen of this state to represent me better than you have. I am proud to have Senator David Vitter represent me and my family for he gets it.  He understands our moral and constitutional rights; which is a lot more than I can say for you Mary. 
Sincerely troubled and disappointed,
Stephanie Broussard "   

Citations:  http://www.lifenews.com/2012/03/01/senate-defeats-blunt-amendment-to-stop-obama-hhs-mandate/

Links:  http://www.lifenews.com/2012/03/01/thirteen-catholic-senators-vote-against-religious-liberty/

No comments:

Post a Comment