As we prepare our hearts this Advent to meet our Savior are the doors of your heart open to receive Jesus?
When Mary and Joseph arrive at the Inn of your heart will there be a room or a manger waiting for them?
Joseph arrives with Mary riding on a donkey in Bethlehem. The journey has been a long one and the time has come for the Savior of the World to be born. There are no open rooms in the city, finally one Inn Keeper who says there is no rooms......directs them to go to the back of the Inn, where the animals where kept in the manger.
When Jesus comes will there be any room in my Inn? Is there a place in my heart or do I not have any room for him to be born in me? Do I place Him in the back where no one can see him in my life? Away in a smelly, cold, damp and dark place in the recesses of my heart. A place where I do not have to worry about Him turning my life upside down, changing me.
When He comes knocking on my door will I not answer the door or will I rip the door off my hinges, opening wide my heart to Jesus, making room there for him to be my Lord and Savior?
If we love each other then we must learn to be stout....willing to say what is necessary to save souls for Christ. We do an injustice to our brothers and sisters when we are complacent to accept the things that are Sin, because we don't want to get someone mad or upset with us? How is this love? If we really loved then we would tell them even if they leave us and never come back? How will I help someone by not opening up the door to my heart to Jesus....and sharing Him with them?
This world is in serious trouble? We have become, as Deacon Hyde says.....stupid? We don't see Sin and if we do we just are absent minded and stupid by allowing it to continue?
When will I realize my brokenness and the things that I must clear out of my Inn to make room for Jesus?
The problem in this country is that we are too rich? We don't need anything, we have it all? Hence, since we don't need anything, Jesus stays locked away in the back of the Inn of our cold, damp and dark Inn!! When are we going to take this world back and stand up for what is right and wholesome? When are we going to stop putting up with "stupid"?
When will I stand up and fight for my Lord? When will I stand up and fight for what is good? When will I open the Inn and show the world the way to Jesus? When will you?
Do you know how to spell Sin a 3 year old little girl asked the Deacon? He said, why don't you show me? She got a piece of paper and wrote a big "I" little s, little n. It is so clear to see the I pointing back at me and to you.
I - it's all about me
I - want this
I - want that
I - don't want to do that
I - don't want to do this
When does it stop being all about "I" and start being about HIM? When do I say yes I have room for you in the INN? When will you? When do I want what is good and pleasing to God? When will you? When do I want that, which will lead others to be a Christ filled loving person? When will you? When will I start loving Jesus, my family, loving my neighbor with in a way that is Christ like? When will you? When will I love my neighbor enough to open my ears, my eyes, my lips and my heart to lead them to the Inn, making room for them before I make room for "I", me, myself? When will you?
I = Self
I = Selfish
I = Self Centered
I = Anger - Anger because I was not satisfied
I = Pridefulness - ignoring God's graces in our lives, believing all is done or given because of "Me", "Myself" and "I" syndrome....
I = Gluttony - it's all about what I have, what I get, what I need, what I do and don't have, never about others....
I = Envy...wanting to be someone we were never meant to be....who God made us to be, his Children, not the world's.
I = Lust - I want what you have and I don't care what I have to do to get it!
I = Greed...wanting more of everything for me, ignoring Jesus and God's will for our lives.
I = Sloth - I want everything given to me, but, I do not want to do anything to get it.
I = no love for Jesus
I = no love for family
I = no love for neighbor
When will I open my Inn up for the Savior of the World to be born in my heart? When will you? What in my Inn needs to be removed in order to make room for Jesus? What needs to be removed from your heart?
This advent season what will you change in order to prepare for Jesus' coming? Why do we celebrate Christmas? Do I know? Do you? Does our family and friends know?
Help me Jesus and send down your Spirit to assist me in examining my conscience and remove from the crevices of my heart those things that separate me from God. Give me courage to open my life to you. May my response be a resounding YES, as Mary's YES, let your will be done and not mine.
Will you open your heart to receive Jesus this advent season in preparation for the birth of our Lord?
These are my thoughts what about yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment